Thursday, October 14, 2010

Top 40: Reasons I Am Thankful for My Mom

1.  You taught me how to talk and tie my shoes.  (I don't feel like such a baby anymore.)
2.  You first introduced me to 80s music...Can't Fight This Feeling, baby!
3.  You are the first person who showed me what it's like to spend time with God every day...and to love it and need it.
4.  You told me about the birds and the bees.
5.  You prayed for me every night.
6.  When I was scared, you would come and help me not be scared anymore.  You taught me to trust in God.
7.  I'm Juddy's favorite.
8.  You have a great sense of style, and you help me not look like a dweeb.
10.  Your favorite color is mine too!
9.  Whoops...I'm pretty sure you taught me to count.
11.  You showed me what to look for in a man.  I'll never settle, thanks to you and dad.
12.  YOU LOVE ME.
13.  Thanks to you, I know what it looks like to be a mom who loves Jesus first and points her kids to Him always.
14.  You showed me the merits of Tabasco.
15.  You taught me to look people in the eyes and speak up.  Now I'm not shy...just obnoxious and annoying.
16.  You've showed me--by example--what true beauty is.
17.  You worship God with all your might!  I've seen in you pure worship, in spirit and in truth.  It's what I want to imitate.
18.  You showed me what prayer can be.  You taught me how to love people by praying for them, and how to see God answering.
19.  You care so much about listening.  No one else is so intentional about getting me to share my hopes, joys, laughter, frustration, and disappointment.
20.  Discipleship.  You live Jesus' call.
21.  I've learned from you how to "confront" others with love.
22.  You've given me your passion to see Jesus in other people!
23.  You let me drive when I was way too young.
24.  You've always had high expectations for me.  Especially in these teenage years, you've treated me like an adult, even thought I act so immature sometimes.
25.  You crack me up!  Like nobody else.
26.  You have a beautiful voice.  Something I wish you passed down, but I'll settle for getting to listen.
27.  You spur others on (including me) to love and good deeds...not by harshness or empty ideals, but with grace and truth and a high view of Jesus.
28.  You've given me a passion for ministry.
29.  I see in you what it's like to have both a serious spiritual life and a riotously fun personality.
30.  Who else can I talk to about boys?  No one, the way we talk!
31.  A lot of my love for writing, as a way to glorify God, has come from your example.
32.  You've taught me how to be patient, look for the best in people, and leave the rest to God when they're growing slowly.
33.  YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND.
34.  You show me, every day, true love for your husband and the desire to please him.
35.  You taught me to take risks!
36.  You trust God's sovereignty.  You taught me not to worry.
37.  You've showed me that real love means sacrifice.  And you have that love.
38.  Your desire is contagious when you talk about heaven!  Let's go there, together right now!
39.  God's glory is more important to you than anything else.
40.  Jesus is your all in all.

2 comments:

  1. Carly, I am sooooooooo proud you! I love your mom, too, and I'm so thankful for her and the example she sets for you. Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete