Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thankfulness #1: Godly Families

I am thankful for all the godly families at my church.  One of the great things about RBC is that we are made up of a wide variety of people.  There are young families that are just starting.  There are families who have been faithful to each other for decades.  Many of these families, regardless of their size or their age, have shown me a beautiful picture of Christ's love lived out.
For example here are just three, a small sample of many more:
-The Bowers, whose kids know more scripture than I do
-The Ladds, who have godly conversations over dinner many nights
-Amy and Drew Papillon, who are just gospel-centered people to begin with, but who also continue to love and care for the families they don't live with anymore
Hearing the sermon this morning got me pretty convinced that I have a long, long way to go before I am selfless or gospel-focused enough to someday have a family of my own.  I praise God that He is helping me to learn these things even now, and that He has given me so many examples of Christlikeness within my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment