Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pray for Project Serve

This Friday, 9 youth group students and 3 youth group leaders from RBC are going to Fort Wilderness for a weekend of service. Could you pray for the trip? I would be so thankful if you would! Here is what I have been praying for...


-The weekend would be saturated with God's word
-Genuine edification would take place among believers
-Conviction of sin and genuine change for all of us on the trip
-We will serve with great joy
-Selflessness!

Here's what I am praying for myself:
-That I will not make the same mistakes I always do:
  • serving for man's approval
  • having my motivation be that the trip is fun for me
-That instead I will:
  • spend time encouraging each one on the trip
  • point others towards Jesus with every word
  • sacrifice my desires

I am trusting God to bless us with a Project Serve that is not only physically stretching and tiring, but also spiritually strengthening. Thank you for your prayers! I am excited to tell you how God answers them.

Trip Roster:
  • Connie Haumersen
  • Rebecca Jeanson
  • Katelyn Ladd
  • Paige Williams
  • Me
  • Evan Casey
  • Sam DeBurgh
  • Christian Ladd
  • Colton Purdy
  • Todd Kellner
  • Luann Purdy
  • Dan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment