Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thankfulness #2: Generosity

 
I am thankful for generosity. I know many people who are truly generous. For example,
-friends who buy my meal, then sneak the money into my purse when I try to pay them back
-servants: the people who volunteer in ministry, giving of their possessions and of time that could be spent to far greater personal profit
-parents who don't charge me for many monthly expenses that I should be paying
-people who give gifts to my family at random times, just for the sake of blessing us
-people at church who give above and beyond what they have to, because they want to further Christ's cause
Beyond all these, I am thankful that I believe in a generous God. He doesn't just stingily dole over a little blessing every now and again. He gives, and gives, and gives, so much that my life is full of good and perfect gifts from above. I deserve nothing—and I'm not just saying that; it's the truth. Yet my life is happy, both spiritually and in earthly ways. Even when you consider material things and comfort and fun times, my life is obviously blessed by God. I am so thankful for His generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment