Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thankfulness #3: Musical Talent

I am thankful for people with musical talent.  I know many people who fall into this category.  For example, let's see: my mom, my brother, my other brother, Jim Bergman, Patricia Black, The Guilty Person + 4given, Tim Haumersen, Katelyn Ladd, the rest of the Ladds, 5byFaythe, Jon Foreman, Corrie Ladd, Bryce Lenz, Dave McKeever, Pete Miller, Drew Papillon, The Carrying, Amy Papillon, Phylis Swigart, Maja Skoglund, and many more.  And I really do know all of those people.  Except Jon, who I've only met once.
The great thing about all the talented people at my church is that they use their abilities to glorify God rather than for selfish ambition.  I have been blessed time after time after time by how these people praise God, whether we are in the youth room on a Wednesday night, in a packed out coffeehouse, in my living room, in the sanctuary with a few hundred people on a Sunday Morning, or in the sanctuary early on a Sunday morning when it is just them practicing and me listening.  I'm thankful to God for these people and their gifts, but especially for how their gifts are used to give me and other believers a foretaste of the worship we'll experience forever in heaven

4 comments:

  1. Are you suggesting I expand my definition of "music" to include "the Joseph Rap" and the "dad mix quatro" Pandora station?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Guilty Person + 4given"...my favorite.

    ReplyDelete