Friday, March 4, 2011

Joy in the Morning

I will extol You, Oh Lord, for You have drawn me up
and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
O Lord my God, I cried to You for help,
and You have healed me.
O Lord, You have brought up my soul from Sheol;
you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.

Sing praises to the Lord, O you His saints,
and give thanks to His holy name.
For His anger is but for a moment,
and His favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes in the morning.
--Psalm 30:1-5

We believe in a God who brings joy in the morning.  A God who hears us when we cry out to Him from a place of brokenness.  A God who does not let us stay incapacitated, but who draws us up from the mire.  Our enemies--sin, death, the devil--will not be allowed to rejoice over us, as they surely would if we stayed dejected forever.  Instead, God heals us, and equips us to again wage war against the adversaries we face.

So praise Him!  If you believe in Him, and You have witnessed His healing firsthand, as I have, then give thanks to His holy name.  He does not stay angry with us, but lavishes His favor and forgiveness.  And though we may weep for a night, there is always a joyful morning beyond the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. I do believe, and I have witnessed his healing. thanks for this post, car.

    ReplyDelete