Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bigger Than My Life

Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens,
Your faithfulness to the clouds.
--Psalm 36:5


Here's a thought.  A little thought, but a comforting one.  God's love extends to the edge of the universe.  I extend to 5 feet and 6 inches off the ground.  Do you think there's enough room for me in there?

Sometimes the most important things in life are the ones you can't see.  I can't see God's love for me like I can see a storm or or a shadow or the inside of my eyelids--but it is far, far bigger than any of those things.

Sometimes Jesus' word literally is all I have to look to.  But that isn't so bad.  He says He loves me.  He says He loves me with a love that is bigger than all the world.  I am more than happy to just go by that.

No comments:

Post a Comment