Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Weakest One

I can't fast for a few hours without my knees shaking and my fingers drooping on the keyboard.
I can't run 4 miles without a side ache or at least sore legs afterwards.
I can't run 6 miles.
I can't go a day without sinning.
I can't go 2 hours without sinning.
I can't go one minute without being a sinner.
I am weak.

God has chosen to glorify Himself through me.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

If only I would admit my weakness every day, instead of waiting for it to be proven to me and everyone else in glaring colors by my failures.  If only I would stop trying to be powerful!  Then I would see that His power is perfected in me.  Then I would say with pride,

"I am the weakest person I know,
and my Jesus is Strong."

1 comment: