Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Top 17: Reasons I Am Thankful for Katelyn Ladd

17.  You are hilarious--often unintentionally.  You put up with me laughing at you and riding you about things like "Sick-a-go."  Besides that, you are gracious enough to forget when I do something embarrassing, rather than holding it over my head.
16.  You are just about the first person that I ever talked with about the Lord for an hour or more.
15.  When I'm excited about something--shallow or deep--you can't wait to listen and share the excitement with me.
14.  All those times I stayed at your house while my folks were gone.  Those are some great memories.
13.  You always claim to be less godly than other people, even when God's work in you is so blatantly obvious to the rest of us.
12.  You are sensitive to the wants and needs of others.  You will sacrifice of yourself even if the other person doesn't say their desires out loud.
11.  You have a heart to reach out to the lost.
10.  You have a greater capacity for making and keeping strong friendships than I have ever had.
9.  You are always sweet and patient with your family.
8.  When you are mistreated, you don't hold a grudge.
7.  You have one of the softest hearts I have ever seen.
6.  The smallest little poke of conviction is enough to bring you to your knees and cause you to change.  A whisper from the Spirit is like a shout to you.
5.  You have the joy of the Lord.
4.  You are honest about your sin.
3.  You are broken over your sin.
2.  You see God's grace in me, and tell me about it.  This builds me up and causes me to praise Him.
1.  You love Jesus more with each passing year.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! Happy Birthday, Lyndi.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly, I don't deserve any of those nice things you said about me. God has blessed me with wonderful friend. Thanks for making me look more like Jesus! I love you.

    p.s.I love you Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Katelyn. I thank God for the friendship between you and Carly. You are both a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete