Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thankfulness #3: Dates with Dad

   I am thankful for dates with my Dad.  I can't remember the first time we went on a date, but I know I was really young.  He is one of the most polite guys I know.  He always lets me pick whatever restaurant or coffee shop I want.
   Especially this year, I've realized that I can talk to him about anything--even things I've never talked about with anyone else.  He isn't just a good listener, though he certainly is one of those.  He is genuinely good at advice.  Not like those people you go to when you just want to be reaffirmed in your own intentions.  Not like those people who jump down your throat with a million corrections before you even explain your side.  My dad gives advice that comes from years of knowing the scriptures, and years of caring about me.  When we go on dates, I love to talk with him and just listen to his wisdom.  I'm thankful to God for this dad I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment